The Online Virtual Rep Blog is your source for current information from the most popular social media marketing channels.
- Sentiment Analysis: What Marketers Need to Know June 18, 2019Do people talk about your business online? Do you know how to analyze the sentiment of online mentions to inform your marketing? In this article, you’ll discover how sentiment analysis can improve your marketing strategy. 4 Ways Marketers Can Use Sentiment Analysis Sentiment analysis is an algorithm applied to online mentions of your brand, products, […]Milosz Krasinski
- 8 Ways to Share Links on Instagram June 17, 2019Looking for ways to drive more website traffic from Instagram? Wondering how to share links in more places on Instagram? In this article, you’ll find eight distinct ways to share links on your Instagram profile and posts. #1: Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio Let’s start with the first and simplest way to place […]Corinna Keefe
- Instagram Branded Content Ads: New Advertising Partnerships for Brands and Influencers June 15, 2019Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media. On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore Instagram branded content ads for brands and influencers, and Snapchat’s new native checkout feature with special guest, […]Grace Duffy
- Google will start attributing lyrics in its search results to their third-party providers June 19, 2019Earlier this week, music lyrics repository Genius accused Google of lifting lyrics and posting them on its search platform. Genius told the Wall Street Journal that this caused its site traffic to drop. Google, which initially denied wrongdoing but later said it was investigating the issue, addressed the controversy in a blog post today. The […]Catherine Shu
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will launch on June 21st June 19, 2019After a year of teasing out Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Niantic (the company behind Pokémon GO) and WB Games have at long last announced an official release date: June 21st. The news came this evening at a press event held just outside of Universal Studios’ Wizarding World (where else?), where Niantic also confirmed plans to […]Greg Kumparak
- The real risk of Facebook’s Libra coin is crooked developers June 18, 2019Everyone’s worried about Mark Zuckerberg controlling the next currency, but I’m more concerned about a crypto Cambridge Analytica. Today Facebook announced Libra, its forthcoming stablecoin designed to let you shop and send money overseas with almost zero transaction fees. Immediately, critics started harping about the dangers of centralizing control of tomorrow’s money in the hands […]Josh Constine