The Online Virtual Rep Blog is your source for current information from the most popular social media marketing channels.
- Facebook Pixel to Become Less Effective for Marketers May 18, 2019Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media. On today’s show, we explore the ramifications of Facebook’s upcoming Clear History tool and Instagram expanding Stories into the Explore tab with special guests, Jenn Herman and […]Grace Duffy
- How to Use IGTV for Marketers May 17, 2019Wondering how to use IGTV (Instagram TV) for marketing? Looking for a successful use case? To explore IGTV and how it can help your business, I interview Jasmine Star. Jasmine is an Instagram expert, professional photographer, and business strategist. She’s the founder of Insta 180, an online course on using Instagram for business, and she […]Michael Stelzner
- 3 Image Tools for Marketers on a Budget May 15, 2019Do you need to create professional-looking images for your social media marketing? Looking for mobile and desktop tools to help? In this article, you’ll discover three affordable image design tools for marketers. #1: Create the Perfectly Sized Image for Every Social Network Over (available for iOS and Android) is a powerful image tool that lets […]Justin Kerby
- Equity transcribed: Away’s $1.4B valuation and CrowdStrike’s S-1 May 18, 2019Welcome back to another transcribed edition of Equity, the wildly popular TechCrunch podcast that digs deep into the week’s news about … equity. There were no IPOs this week so there was only one episode, but it was jam-packed with news about direct-to-consumer scooters, luggage funding and fake meat. This is where tech has taken […]Kate Clark
- Sam Altman’s leap of faith May 18, 2019Earlier this year, founder-investor Sam Altman left his high-profile role as the president of Y Combinator to become the CEO of OpenAI, an AI research outfit that was founded by some of the most prominent people in the tech industry in late 2015. The idea: to ensure that artificial intelligence is “developed in a way […]Connie Loizos
- Immigrant founders, smartphone growth, SEO tactics, SoftBank’s financials, and AR tech May 18, 2019How an immigration crackdown is hurting UK startups Our European correspondent Natasha Lomas spent the past few weeks investigating what’s been happening to immigrant founders and tech talent in the UK, who have been receiving more scrutiny from the Home Office in recent months. Natasha zooms in on Metail, a virtual fitting room startup, and […]Danny Crichton